Welcome to my blog!
I’m a late 20’s lady with a life-long appreciation for books. When I was younger my mom used to read Peter Rabbit and Dr. Seuss to me, and since then I have progressed through Archie comics, the Babysitter’s Club, Nancy Drew, and Trixie Belden to where I am today. I will read almost anything but I prefer books that edge a bit towards psychological thrillers and disorders, bildungsromans, fantasy, science fiction, and dystopians. Recently I have been exploring the young adult and romance genres. If you have anything to suggest to me, please let me know!
Currently, I am a graduate of the University of Victoria with a BSc. in psychology. I have moved back home, and since I don’t have to pay rent, I will buy books and beauty products (and save, of course)! I am on the crest of a new stage in my life. I don’t know what will happen, but I am taking things day by day.
Here are some other things I enjoy:
- Limp Bizkit (love love love their new album, Gold Cobra!!!)
- Ayumi Hamasaki
- Utada Hikaru
- Final Fantasy soundtracks
- Blonde Redhead
- Amanda Palmer
- The Dresden Dolls
- Linkin Park
- The Final Fantasy Series, specifically VIII, X, X-2, & XII.
- The Legend of Zelda Series, specifically Ocarina of Time
- Super Mario, especially Mario Kart Wii (I’m the token Canadian, gamertag is either Cistle or Laing)
- Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas
- Katamari: Forever
- Little Big Planet
Movies & TV:
- The Fifth Element (and basically anything else with Bruce Willis ‘cuz he’s hilarious!)
- Wayne’s World (1 &2)
- Little Miss Sunshine
- About Schmidt
I chose the name “Vanilla Hearts” for this blog because it was an old username I had in Grade 8 and it was the same name I chose for my YouTube account, before I had any idea what that account would grow into. I like “Vanilla Hearts” because it indicates a sense of innocence, neutrality, and acceptance. I’ve had my fair share of negativity in my life and so this is an attempt to bring more happiness and optimism to my daily life.
If you would like to contact me, you can find me at the following places:
Thank you for visiting my blog!